Established Chicago based environmental, health and safety (EHS) consulting firm seeks an Environmental, Health and Safety Technician/Consultant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing EHS program, policies and procedures
- Developing and delivering of various OSHA & EPA compliance training
- Conducting inspections and audits of both general industry and construction worksites and providing audit reports
- Developing lockout/tagout procedures for various manufacturing and building operation equipment
- Performing confined space inventory assessments
- Performing hoist and sling safety inspections
- Performing industrial hygiene air and noise sampling
- Performing indoor air quality assessments and testing
- Preparing technical reports
Local travel throughout the Chicagoland area and travel throughout the US. Potential for extended out of town travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or equivalent
- 3 to 10 years of relevant general industry work experience. Some construction experience is a plus.
- Available to work various hours, work shifts, and possible weekends
- Good communication skills with all levels of jobsite personnel.
- Ability to work in various work environments, including outdoors, heavy manufacturing, and construction sites.
- Professional certifications are a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA 1910 general industry regulations
- Ability to identify and prioritize environmental, health and safety risks
- Solid computer skills in all aspects of Microsoft office
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects and schedule changes
- Team player and self-starter
- General knowledge of OSHA 1926 construction and EPA regulations are a plus
- Experience in Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, underground storage tank removal projects and Illinois’ Leaking Underground Storage Tank Program and Site Remediation Program or a related field is a plus.
Interested candidates should send their resume to the attention of Kevin Konkey at firstname.lastname@example.org.